Title & Position Overview:
QA Chemist I/II
Â Chemist I/II
ProVerde is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to join our laboratory team!Â The Chemist I/II must show a high level of organizational skills and attention to detail in an ISO 17025 regulated environment. Education and Experience:
Minimum of a Bachelorâ€™s degree in Chemistry or Life Sciences with 2-3 years of experience in a research, industrial or analytical laboratory setting. Job Responsibilities:
- Receive, record, and prepare all samples that are submitted for testing procedures.
- Perform analytical tests following established procedures, which may include cannabinoid profiling, terpene profiling, heavy metal analysis, mycotoxin testing, VOC analysis and pesticide screening.Â
- Assist in development of new analytical procedures.
- Validate newly developed analytical methods.
- Document preparation, testing observations, and results in precise detail.
- Support ISO requirements with documentation of pertinent lab activities:
- o Instrument calibration and repair
- o Verification of equipment performance
- o Validation of analytical methods, and routine testing activities.
- Routine calibration and maintenance of lab equipment and instruments.Â
- Maintain sterile work areas, tools, and instruments to prevent contamination
- 2-3 years of lab experience with running and troubleshooting chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques:
- o HPLC, UPLC, SFC, UPC2
- o GC-FID, GC-MS
- o LC/MS/MS
- o ICP-MS
- Ability to make sound, independent decisions based on functional expertise and experience.Â
- Ability to administer a proactive management approach with a keen sense of attention to detail.Â
- Highly experienced in handling multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve beyond routine issues.Â
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously working with multi-disciplinary teams from lab techs to senior and executive management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel and Word with the ability to summarize work succinctly for reporting to clients and management.
Interested candidates should reply with resume and salary requirements
- 1-3 years of direct experience with EMPOWER, MassLynx or other analytical vendor software platforms.
- Ability to provide R&D capabilities in the development of new applications.
- Ability to provide leadership, support, communication and direction to lab technicians, as well as other personnel.Â Â
- Advanced experience with microbiological methodologies is beneficial:
- o Traditional or Advanced culture methods
- o DNA based PCR or qPCR methods